Any tips on water treatment for these results - upside down from winter!

Apr 6, 2014
United States
Test Kit - TF-100
Free Cl - 55 ppm
CYA - well over 100 halfway to the 100 mark on the test tube for TF-100
CC's - 0
TA - 100 - turned blue then yellow instead of red
Calcium - 0
PH - test skewed probably because of Total CL so high - low - 6.8 per drop test - did not have time to dilute test yet.

Suggestions welcome!!

Welcome to TFP!

You are going to want to replace water to get that CYA level down. Everything else looks like it can wait until you have done that.

With FC levels around 55, there is no practical way to do the PH test. Dilution doesn't work for measuring PH because the dilution will change the PH in unpredictable ways. The CYA test is worth doing with dilution.

The TA test will show different colors when FC levels are really high, but the test is still valid.

Welcome TFP !!
Just curious as to how your FC got that high.
If you could add all your pool and equipment info to your sig that will help us help you better. Also could you give a more specific location as to where you live. Location will help determine the advice you will receive. ?

I think I just shocked it too often this winter when temps were down and we had a very cold winter for Houston. My shock granules actually got sometime in winter in the container and got clumpy solid, wonder if that impacted effectiveness? Thx for all the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.