Online sales warranty?

cruzr

Mar 8, 2014
St.Louis, Mo.
I have been researching robotic cleaners that honor their warranty for online sales. Most of the manufacturers do not show any info. on the subject. I have read that Maytronics does not warranty online sales, so I have ruled them out. I live in a rural area so for me its more convenient to buy online. We have a 17000 gal. inground gunite 19x36 freeform pool, and plan to spend in the $1000 range.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Know what you mean. The Maytronics no warranty for online sales was announced recently. This is the equipment manufacturers way of supporting local pool stores.

Dont have any real recommendations, but I belive there are still some that do have warranty, but reduced to maybe 3 months instead of a year as in the past.

This seems to be the trend in lots of pool equipment and not just cleaners. So I suppose if it's there, get it while you can. If 1 warranty is important for you, then the pool store might be your only option and as you know, you pay dearly for it.

Leslie's gets a lot of bad rap here, but honestly that's just due to the way they recommend taking care of your pool. They do deliver, and the prices on their Dolphins aren't terrible. The issue is though I believe if you have a warranty issue, you have to take it to the store or ship it in to them before Maytronics takes over. You might confirm this. I went through 3 power supplies on mine before they finally got the problem resolved. Since then I've been using it for 3 years with no issues.

Maytronics heavily backs their brick and mortar sales channels and does not warranty most robots bought online through sites like Amazon, etc They do offer some special models only through certain mail order pool supply companies, these often differ only slightly from their standard models (different color scheme / name, different length cord, or run time, etc.). At least this was the case when I bought my latest robot last year.

Ike

p.s. my latest Maytronics was bought as an open box special on ebay for a bit less than half the price that the same model was selling for online as a closeout refurb. So I did not mind that there is no warranty (someone bought it, opened the box, let it sit, sold the house with the pool... twist ties were still on the power cords, etc)

I bought mine from an online retailer. Maytronics warranty was a concern for me as well, but they assured me that the way around this was to simply work through them on any warranty issues. Luckily I discovered that their warehouse is only about 5 miles from me. I interpreted their answer as although I would not be able to work with Maytronics directly (I've heard this is not fun anyway) they oversee the warranty claim.

So far (knock on wood) it's not been an issue......I absolutely love the job my M5 does on my pool......very happy with the purchase!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Danjaymor. I don't have any dolphin distributors,repair centers, or dealers within a reasonable distance. I would have bought the M5 as you did. But would have to send the unit out of state. I've heard that can be a pain to deal with. Glad to hear you like the M5, and hope you never need warranty service. My own dealer just sells Polaris, but the reviews are not to favorable.

I have decided to go with the Polaris 9550 with a 2 year warranty. Polaris has improved the 9550 over the older 9300 series.I will post a review of it. Maytronics lost my business due to voiding warranty of online purchase.

I just bought a Dolphin Nautilus from Epic Pool supply online last week. When it showed up via UPS, the carton did NOT have a no warranty sign on it.

Nice robot, and for 599 dollars is hard to beat. I called Epic about the warranty deal, I have warranty, but would have to ship it back to Epic and let them take it from there. I'm crossing my fingers I never have to do that.

The thing works great by the way...its cleaning itself away right now! My pool is spotless !

I'm looking into the Pentair Prowler 820 or 830. Pentair products parts are readily available, and their isn't any BS with their warranty or service. Plus they have a.$100 rebate.

I just called their customer service and if there is any warranty work needed, they would help find someone locally or nearby. I'm about to get the Pentair 830.

I'm disappointed in the fact that Maytronics does not warranty the online sales. I have heard of reliability issues with Polaris from my local stores so they are dealing almost solely with Pentair, themselves.

I have decided to go with the Polaris 9550 with a 2 year warranty. Polaris has improved the 9550 over the older 9300 series.I will post a review of it. Maytronics lost my business due to voiding warranty of online purchase.
How do you like the 9550 so far? I love the look of the Polaris but I've read so many good things about the Dolphin units. But, like you, the no online sales thing is turning me off. I would like an M4 or M5 but no local dealers offer it. What a shame that Dolphin doesn't honor online sales.

My Polaris is due to arrive UPS today. Two days earlier than expected. I will let you know my first thoughts about the 9550 after a few days of use. Titaniummd, the Pentair 830 was my other choice. I just could not find any reviews from users. I have been useing a Pentair legend cleaner for 5 years and it has never given me one problem. I would like to see a review if you decide to purchase the 830. I think its the best deal going. Divin Dave, glad to see you like the Nautilus.

Thanks for the reply. I called Maytronics and asked a bunch of questions. I asked about the Oasis Z5 as well and was told that it is covered if purchased online. That sealed the deal for me so I pulled the trigger on one today. I'm excited about it but would still love to hear about your Polaris.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I called Maytronics and asked a bunch of questions. I asked about the Oasis Z5 as well and was told that it is covered if purchased online. That sealed the deal for me so I pulled the trigger on one today. I'm excited about it but would still love to hear about your Polaris.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah at that price they better warranty it :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.