It's all over with the shoutin'!!

midtngal

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Nashville, TN
Well, I am finally ready to "reveal" my pool. I spent the Winter and early Spring arguing with my PB and trying to get him to...just...finish....already! :hammer: I've spent the last couple of months trying to get at least the mud gone from this project. Of course, as we all know...it's not completely finished yet (do you ever really "finish"???).

I have done BBB since the very beginning. The only thing I've had to do is add a little borax here and there and a little bleach. I did decide to up the % on the SWG to 30% to let it at least do some of the work. Things have been SOOOO easy. I am truly amazed. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself there! :wink: ) I do full tests on Sat. mornings and CL/pH every other day or so. I think my water sparkles like diamonds!! :-D Here are this past Sat's numbers for your review---

FC 3
CC 0
TC 3
pH 7.6
TA 90
CYA 70 (yeah...finally came down from 100!)
CH 240
Salt 3730
Borates 50

So, Sean, if you would be so kind to add me to the slide show, that would be fabulous! Whichever one you like the best works for me as well! :wink:

101_0097.jpg

101_0116.jpg

[
101_0120.jpg

Thanks so much all of you for helping me get this far! :goodjob: :bowdown:

Karen

Sean...I take that back! Either of the 2 day shots...apparently my camera isn't so good at night!

Pic the last one Sean!!!

Looks fabulous!

I like how the rock is showing not only on the steps but the pool wall too!

Thanks gals! It feels like a "forever-comin'" project.

whoozer, the stone is Country Manor by Keystone. I'm really pleased the way the wall compliments my liner. Of course, I planned it that way but you never know until it's finally all together. I still need to fill that bed with dirt and plant it. I did all that stonework BTW..... Can you say "ouch, my back!"!! :lol: :lol:

jj, yes ma'am...as many as I can get back there!! It is absolutely blazing during the day up until around 4 so all the cover I can get for when I have folks over, the better!

Karen

Well, now 'you're the queen :queen: of somewhere hot', complete with your 'own utopia' :party:

Beautiful pool! Crank up the Frozen Concoction Maker and get to [s:j0ngtbjf]partying[/s:j0ngtbjf], um... swimming!

Play lots of Buffet and enjoy that gorgeous pool :-D

Thanks ktdave, frustratedmom and waste! And waste...about your instructions...DONE!! That margarita maker is SWEET! :cheers: I laugh about having built "The Compound". My sister has always told me that maybe I just need to build a cave. Well, VOILA! :lol:

Isn't it funny how now all of a sudden you start doing the chores and projects during the week so you can just lay by the pool all weekend! :lol: :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Calvin! I LOVE my palm. I got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond a couple of years ago. I don't know what I'll do when it burns out!

Hey, I saw your pool and that's a nice set up you have on your Survivor Island! A palm would look on the island! :-D

Congratulations! It looks awesome :goodjob: Great job on the stonework, too. Umbrellas give such a nice look..we have 3 but I can never use them because the wind doesn't stop! I think I need 500lb weighted bases...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.