HELP Winter Pool Damage Michigan

May 19, 2012
Hello,

I am in need of some advice. I "had" a Doughboy 24' round above ground pool with a deep end. My pool liner exploded right in the area of the bottom rail; not sure if pool wall is still in the track or not. Lost all of my water except for what is left in the deep end. Pool walls are a little buckled and a couple sections look like they are leaning inwards. My question is: Is there any thing I can do to keep the walls from collapsing? I have attached pics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Debbie

Attachments

• Bottom Rail.jpg
    Bottom Rail.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Pool Side.jpg
    Pool Side.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 119
I had the same problem this year. Not sure yet where my leak is but, by the looks of it is near the bottom by the track. By walls also have some buckling. I attribute this to some frost heave. Currently my cover is still in place with the cable tight around it. Once all of the ice is melted I plan to pull the cover, put the cable back around the pool and use some ratchet straps to stabilize the sides to the ground until I can get a new liner in it and filled back up.

I hope you have better luck than me. I had to cut the cable and tarp; it was pulling down to much. If the weather continues to be nice I might be able to see if the wall just popped out of the bottom rail. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, mine was not that bad. I first noticed a problem might be in the works when I noted that there was no melting water on top of the cover. in fact there was nothing on the cover...no snow, no ice, nothing and there should have been at least some ice and water. Came home one day to find the cover float and cover laying on the bottom of an empty pool. apparently the water drained out from under the ice and the ice eventually caved in. All of the ice is almost gone now. Still can not find the leak but, I am suspecting that the bolted seam of the side walls may have been involved with the leak in mine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.