Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My spa light went out, trying to find a replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

My spa light went out, trying to find a replacement

My light is a Pac Fab #70571, at least that is what the label on the light says should be used.

It is about 2 inches long and has a screw in base, a small one like a chandelier bulb.

I would like to get a LED bulb for it, but does anyone know if it will fit in this case? I think there is a case number on it also.

The bulb I took out looks more long and skinny than the LED lights I've seen.

EDIT: I found a picture of one it is #7 here:
    http://www.poolproducts.com/aspx/shared ... 5=DEALTIME

I don't think I can get an LED light to fit here as it is a halogen bulb. How difficult is it to replace one of these?

Turns out it is a T-4 mini can lamp. Does anyone know if you can get an LED replacement?

END EDIT:

thanks,
    David
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2
    I know that Pac Fab products are now under the Pentair brand name if that helps.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

I found the part at the pool store and a new bulb at HD. Bulb was half price at HD vs pool store.

I drained my spa to get access to the light as I have never changed one before and thought it would be nice to do it dry for the first time. After pulling the housing and bulb out, I turned on the light switch and saw the GFCI trip. I reset the GFCI and tried the pool light and all was fine.

So I put the spa light back together and tried it out without water and it light momentarily till the GFCI tripped. I have now filled the spa and have the same problem.

Ideas as to why the spa trips the GFCI and the pool light does not? Sounds like I may have to replace the whole light?

thanks,
    Dave
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm looking at replacing this light with a R-20 screw in bulb style. It looks like this is what I need to support the new LED lights. Could somone point me to a place where I can buy them or provide a recommendation?

thanks,
    dave

5. Back To Top    #5
    If you accidentally got a little water in the lamp enclosure it would trip the GFI.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School