Limestone Screenings Question

Aug 17, 2013
East, TN
I need to fill in a couple of small low spots(2 inch deep) on my leveled surface where we had to pull up a root. I cannot keep re leveling the whole 24 x 15 area just because of small pits caused by roots and rocks or I will be digging to china all day long.

My first thought was to use the limestone screening material I hear everyone talk about using to level with. I don't want to use it over the whole surface as my area is completely level other than these 2 inch x 2 foot areas, two of them that are mainly in the middle. If I were to fill in those two small areas with screening and compact them, what do you think? Would it wash out? I can get this at our local rock site but since I need a limited amount, can this be bought in bags at like home depot?

I am using Blue Metal Dust.... Its like crushed rock, but when it gets wet, it sets hard...... Not concrete hard, but very firm.... :) I'm Australian though and I'm not sure what is the US equivalent..... thank you google, its broken up blue stone........ :)

I found #10 Sand, which is also known as #10 limestone, at the Rock Yard. I had 3 ton delivered and decided if it was too much I have a lot of other uses for it. I am adding on to the driveway so I used some as base. I hope to complete the leveling today if I don't tire out first.

2014-04-05115800.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.