Do I need a vacuum??

Mar 8, 2014
Indiana
I am totally new to pools and I really have no idea if I need a vacuum or some type of cleaner for the pool? I am installing a 27' round. I've read up on on pump and filters, but that's about all I know, lol!!

A vacuum would be a good accessory.

You can either get a hose type that works off of your pump, or a dedicated self powered unit. Another option is the automatic pool cleaners. It just depends on how much you want to do with your pool, and how much you are willing to spend.

What others have said is true. Before I had a setup that would allow for easy connection of an automatic vac, I purchased the Pool Blaster Cyclone @ Walmart for $99. It works great and lasted two years. I did not have any luck or love with the vacs you connect to a garden hose. If you do not want to send the money, you can do a decent job with a leaf rake and a leaf skimmer. This assumes you have a decent pump/filter to pick up the finer particles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.