Need help with Pentair Superflo suction and discharge fittings

Apr 1, 2014
Monroe, LA
Ordered a 1.5 hp Pentair Superflo two speed to replace my existing single speed pump. Bought an Amazon "open box warehouse deal since they did not have any new ones available. The pump came in this afternoon but it had no suction and discharge unions in the box. Does anyone know if the new pump should come with these fittings? My old pump had the half union suction and discharge fittings but they are larger than the Pentair. Does anyone know if the Pentair fittings are 2"NPT or something special you can only get from them?

Thanks for your help.
P. Whitlock

Thanks for the info Jason. According to Pentair, the pump should have come with the fittings. Amazon credited me $60 for the lack of fittings and I was able to buy them locally for $40. Got the pump running this afternoon. SWEET!

Thanks,
P. Whitlock

I was going to say the fittings are not strictly necessary - you can use 1.5 inch male threaded pipe fittings directly into the pump (use teflon tape to ensure good seal) and you would have been fine. That's the way I'm using my Superflo, anyway....

Thanks Scoop. I did realize that after a while. That is actually how I hooked up the discharge. I am running an old sand filter that I plan to change to a cartridge filter in a week or so. I did not want to use the fitting till my new filter came in and I see how to pipe it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.