Ready.....Set.......Build!

Ok, not sure I'm using the right terms or not. Yesterday they basically prepped the yard and scraped about 8-10 inches of soil off the surface. Today they staked everything out and did some excavation. PB, seemed a little disappointed that his crew didn't get more excavation done. Said that he thinks they should finish excavation tomorrow, and rebar on Monday.

The obligatory pictures.

That back yard was practically begging for a pool! Good luck and keep posting lots of pics!!!

Didn't talk to the PB today, but they didn't finish excavation as he had hoped. I was home most of the day for the first time. I think they could finish if they had more room to maneuver. My yard is on the small side, so they only have a small area to pile dirt when the truck goes to dump. So before the truck comes back, he has to stop digging or he'll box himself in. So a bit of a small yard logistical problem, from my view.

Here's a pic from today.

The contract says by June 11th. The pool I went look at today, is a couple days past 3 weeks. They told them 6-8 weeks, and they are pretty much done that one.

I am also getting a patio built, but he said that will be ongoing at the same time as the pool and not have any bearing on the completion date. He seems to give himself that 6-8 week cushion, but finishes at that 6 week mark or faster. I think I'll have a better estimate on the finish date late this week or early next. He's hoping to do shotcrete on Saturday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, builder gave his guys a 4 day weekend for Easter. Plumbing was finished yesterday, and the lines are charged for the pressure test. Waiting on inspection of plumbing, rebar and easement. Hopefully that all passes today, and shotcrete tomorrow. Let me know if you guys notice anything out of the ordinary in the pics, (besides my dirty backyard). From my limited knowledge, everything looked good.

Things are starting to take shape! Shotcrete was finished today. You really get a new level of excitement when the shotcrete day comes. I can see the steps partially take place and my back wall. Things are coming along. My travertine for the Coping will hopefully be here on Monday.

This is the tile we are thinking about. Waiting on a sample to see in person. We were thinking about taking a dozen or so of the medallion tile to mix in along that back wall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.