And the light went on!

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
Before I got this pool, and before I found this site, I was talking to a couple of pool owners, asking if they ever had algae problems. Both said yes, they did, and one was telling me about how he didn't the first year of pool ownership, but after that, he really had to watch it and do regular dosing with algaecide. Both of these guys were using pucks in a floater. I was talking to the one who was telling me didn't have algae problems the first year today, telling him about how I'm going to liquid chlorine; he said it's good stuff, but it burns off quickly. I then told him that as long as there is a the proper amount of stabilizer in the pool, either from adding it by itself or from trichlor, it won't burn off as quickly; but trichlor exclusively gets a pool overstabilized, and then the chlorine is less effective and can't fight algae or bacteria as well. :idea: :lol:

duraleigh said:
Excellent! I think it took me a couple of years to learn what you just stated (very succinctly) after your 21st post!! :shock: :shock:

Thanks! I've had enough free time just to browse here, and the pool forum and a few other sites to learn all I can about pool care. I would rather spend a little time doing this now then trying to clean up a murky green swamp, have my little grandkids pick up something from dirty water, or have any of the other fun problems that can happen from an improperly balanced pool!

BTW, speaking of browsing other sites, do you know that there are some sites that just plain do not like you guys? But, you know, everything you say here makes so much more sense than adding chemicals to raise this, lower that, and then when this gets out of whack, scratch your head and grumble wondering why your water is cloudy or green!

BTW, speaking of browsing other sites, do you know that there are some sites that just plain do not like you guys
Why, I can't imagine! :shock: :shock:

There are several forums who are not blessed to have the true experts that we have here. As a result, those folks can remain unchallenged and satisfy their egos by pontificating on other forums.

Most of those posters have been discredited by posting incorrect info here and then getting quite angry when their info is corrected. The internet is full of folks who consider themselves "the smartest guy in the room"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.