which is better a salt system pool or the regular chorline type pool?

Apr 1, 2014
concord NC
We have a 16 foot by four food high round above ground pool that we are getting setup and was wanting to know which is the best to go. We have the pump sand filter and a intex salt system that I will be installing on the pool. I have not decided yet on using flex tubing or using pvc pipe to plumb the system. I plan on pouring a cement pad for the pump and filter. Can anyone help me out?

Welcome to the forum!

So, did you intend on putting the salt cell to use, or just have it as an option? I don't know how big the pool is but it's up to you. For me, it wouldn't be worth doing salt unless it was a large pool, but that is only my opinion. Many people put SWGs on smaller pools and love them.

Lots of people love salt pools for feel and ease of maintenance, but you still have to be diligent in learning how it works as you would with any type of pool.

Please add your pool info to your sig line so we can help you more quickly when answering your questions.

If you have an AC place around they have that hard plastic pads that they put A/C units on, it might be easier than the concrete pad. You may want to check local bleach prices (Pinch-a-penny/Leslies bulk chlorine). It may be more economical if you have a short pool season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.