Radiant metric 27' round semi in ground pool

Mar 27, 2014
NW suburbs IL
I am having a 27' round pool semi in ground 2'. I first looked at the oasis by wilbar, an all aluminum pool. Then saw the radiant also all aluminum w insulated walls. Can anyone who,has either of these pools semi in ground give me some advice on if the radiant is the way to go as far as durability and longevity?
I also need advice on pump size, filter size (cartridge), and heater size. What about solar cover reels for round pools. Are there any other then those that mount in the center of pool and need to be removed?
Any and all experienced AGP owners w knowledge of these things would be greatly appreciated.

We have the 24' installed IG. We've had it one year now. We had a PB professionally install it and it was worth the cost.

From what I hear Radiant is about the best. In fact, I think our pool has a warranty for life. Because we put it in the ground, we had to buy IG equipment. We have a 1.5 hp pentair variable speed pump and a large Hayward filter (idk the size off hand). We won't be getting a cover or a heater so can't help you there.

I plan to do a build thread once we get started on the deck next week. Right now ours is just a pool in the ground surrounded by grass. But if you search my posts you'll see a few pics.

Good luck!

I just purchased the Radiant, we are installing AG for now but may bury it in the future. Would love to hear from anyone who owns this pool. I really like the ease of installation and that the insulated walls keep the pool water 5-10 degrees warmer than a traditional AGP.

Well I've decided to save the 3,000 and go w the oasis. I wasn't buying the radiant so much for the insulation as most of the heat loss is from top of water. I did feel it was a sturdier looking pool but couldnt get any confirmation on that. My installer feels more confident putting oasis in ground . I've already put money down and plan to make final decision tomorrow .

Moonlite swim:
What model of the oasis pool do you purchase? We are looking at a Doughboy pool that we can semi install about 24" deep. But am open to options. We also looked at the Radiant but our dealer and installer, priced us out of the market. Any words of wisdom on burying a pool would be greatly appreciated. I see you live in IL. I live in northwest Ohio so I think our winters & summers are about the same. Keep posting updates on the build.

The oasis pool is an all aluminum pool that can safely be put 2' in ground. The great escape is whom we purchased through. 27' round pool, w upgrade on stairs, 200,000 btu heater, 2hp 2 stage pump, large cartridge filter, mineral system to reduce chlorine usage, pool cove around bottom of pool, 28' solar cover, hoses, light w fountain by aqua ???, and 3 yr. warranty on all, = $10,600.00. Excavating will cost us another $3,500 to $4,000 to have it put 2' in ground. We decided the radiant was not worth the cost since the primary heat loss is from the top of the pool water and the insulated walls wouldn't prevent heat loss from top of pool.

I am having a 27' round pool semi in ground 2'. I first looked at the oasis by wilbar, an all aluminum pool. Then saw the radiant also all aluminum w insulated walls. Can anyone who,has either of these pools semi in ground give me some advice on if the radiant is the way to go as far as durability and longevity?
I also need advice on pump size, filter size (cartridge), and heater size. What about solar cover reels for round pools. Are there any other then those that mount in the center of pool and need to be removed?
Any and all experienced AGP owners w knowledge of these things would be greatly appreciated.

Would love to know who installed your pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.