Skimmer not creating a big suction, and fill water question.

ktyler

Jun 18, 2013
Southwest Louisiana
My skimmers don't seem to create much of a suction, everything just floats on top of the water in the skimmer and not sucked down in the basket. I turned my valve today to add water into my pool and I noticed that everything in my skimmer was pushed back out into my pool. Should water be able to come up through the skimmer back into the pool? My pump was running on a low speed at the time, not sure if that matters. I just expected it to come through the return lines into the pool.

Kim

Each pool is different but on low speed, I would not expect a pump to be able to pull a normally floating object to the bottom of the skimmer basket. If this is important, turn the pump on high and see what you get.

Correct water level for proper skimmer action is about half way up the skimmer throat. If the water is higher than that, you will get inadequate skimmer performance.

Each pool is different but on low speed, I would not expect a pump to be able to pull a normally floating object to the bottom of the skimmer basket. If this is important, turn the pump on high and see what you get.

Correct water level for proper skimmer action is about half way up the skimmer throat. If the water is higher than that, you will get inadequate skimmer performance.

This is exactly what I see. On low speed the debris swirl in the skimmer, on high speed debris is sucked into the basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.