replumb my pump/filter

acamato

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2008
Long Island, NY
I purchased a CricuPool Si45 SWG (to replace my liquidator) and a Ecotech EZ 1.5 hp motor. My existing equipment pad is very compact.

ebyzazam.jpg

I do not have enough room to pipe the flow switch and cell. I was thinking of installing the cell vertical. I plan on running 2" PVC from the multi-port valve to the Jandy valve for my cleaner.

I am going to wait until the motor comes in to see if I have enough space under the multi-port valve. If there isn't enough room, I will rotate the filter 90 degrees and replumb the pump discharge also.

I have an opportunity to move the pump/filter base back to get more straight pipe on the suction side of the pump. Is it needed?

Am I missing anything else?

Is it worth the investment to install a flowmeter?

I assume you saw this recent thread? Might offer some ideas:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/71977-INSTALLED!-Circupool-si45

If your current pump is not having any problems with the shorter suction line, then it should be fine.

A flow meter is a "nice to have" but in no way needed. I am going to install one of the FlowVis this weekend, but I need check valves for my solar, so it does not really add much head loss. I would not recommend any of the other types of flow meters though.

I saw the thread. I would have done the piping in 2" vs 1.5" to reduce friction loss. I am not going to do anything until the motor comes in.

I like 2% FlowViz accuracy vs the 10% of a blue white and rotochem.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

My , motor was delivered Friday. I got it installed today and it is too high and interferes with the multiport valve. Tomorrow, I am going to rotate the filter 90 degrees and repipe the pump discharge and the multiport line to the Jandy valve.

I am done plumbing. Now I just need to install a gauge in the discharge line, bond the motor and the SWG controller.
vu7ujaru.jpg

sy2uryhy.jpg

I don't know why the lines coming out of the multiport valve are not parallel to the ground.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.