Chewed wires on Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16" & Saltwater System (Model CS20110)

Apr 1, 2014
Waco, TX
Chewed wires on Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16" & Saltwater System (Model CS20110)

Brand new pump that dog got a hold of...chewed all exposed wires and end connectors.
I called Intex to see if I can get the wires with connectors attached...no go! I would have to order the entire pump.
Soooo, if anyone knows where I can get these connectors that would be awesome.

I'm going forward with modifying the end connectors to get the pump back in working order, but I need to know which wire goes to which connector.
photo 2.JPG

Here's the damage:
photo 1.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

Re: Chewed wires on Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16" & Saltwater System (Model CS20

Does anyone have one of these models and can help a brother out? I've tried Intex tech support, but I'm sure we all know how that goes. :confused:
The first pic was taken with the pump motor assembled, top-down view, looking at the front control panel.
I need to know, from left-to-right, which wire goes to which connector. I'm pretty sure the left wire goes to the flow sensor. It's the other two I'm unable to identify.

Re: Chewed wires on Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16" & Saltwater System (Model CS20

Personally, I would not even try to repair that. Bite the bullet and buy a new one or find a used one on EBay. If my family were swimming in that pool, that is what I would do. And keep the dog away from it. Good luck!

I think this is doable with a little analysis of what's left of the parts and pictures in the product manual.

From the manual I found online by doing a google search for "CS20110 pdf" it looks like there are 3 devices, a Flow Sensor(21), a Titanium Electrode(23) [which is part of the Electrolytic Cell(22)]) and a Copper Electrode(24). And of course there are 3 cables coming out of the unit.

In the manual, page 29, you can see the first cable on the near side of the unit goes to the Copper Electrode.

Also in the manual, if you blow up with whatever magnifying glass tool your Adobe Acrobat or Mac Preview program has and looking at the diagram on top of page 16, I would guess that the center cable goes to the Titanium Electrode(Electrolytic Cell) and the remaining cable goes to the Flow sensor.

As to which colored wire within each cable goes to which connector contact, that would have to be left to some forensic analysis of the remains of the connectors themselves. I'm guessing each connector is polarized or keyed so it can only connect to the correct device so you'd be able to tell from that.

All that said, and taking the sentiments of what "ComputerGuyInNOLA" suggested, you had better be very confident of your wiring and insulating skills so there's no possibility that there can be any leakage current escape. I'd embed any connections made, in a serious glob of electrical grade epoxy to be sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.