What to avoid with a fiberglass pool

Dec 30, 2013
Warner Robins, GA
I had a fiberglass pool put inlast year and the guy who installed it told me to NEVER use bleach in the pool. Don't know why. So....I come to this site and get all this great information with which I can keep my pool in pristine condition...and it's easy to use the TFP system.

My questions are: Should I be using liquid chlorine? Isn't that bleach? And, with a fiberglass pool, are there chemical imbalances that I should avoid so as to not ruin the fiberglass?

Latest chem readings:
FC: 3
CC: 0
Ph: 7.6
TA: 80
CH: 230

Thank you.

Barry

He is absolutely wrong. Chlorine is Chlorine. The fiberglass has no idea whether it came from a liquid, solid, or powder. The person telling you that simply does not understand. There is positively no downside or danger to adding Bleach/liquid Chlorine to a FG pool.

The anti-bleach attitude is one of those rare pool myths that doesn't have even a small glimmer of truth to it. It goes back a long way. It used to be a lot more common, but is starting to fade out just a little these days. The origins come down to using bleach means not buying as much from the pool person, which is bad for them, so it must *obviously* be bad for you as well. From there they make up reasons why it is bad, which get passed down generation after generation till everyone forgets that they made it up in the first place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.