Leak Detection and Repair

rkuper

Sep 17, 2013
I have a 28 foot above ground pool with a center drain. We had some very strong wind and rain over the past couple of days. I noticed that my pillow was no longer visible under my cover. I went to investigate and discovered that the water had drained to almost a foot from ground level. I am filling it back up now due to fear of the walls collapsing. I looked around the pool and notice a large damp area about a 4 foot section on the ground. I estimate i am loosing about a 1/2 gallon an hour. This area is the low point of my yard so i assume the water is draining to this location. I called the pool company but they told me it was to cold to dive. What would you do??

If it leaked down that far it could be the center drain. Your doing the right thing by getting some more water in it to support the walls.
If you could get in the pool and put some dye around the center drain and see if it gets sucked out that would confirm if it's leaking there or not. Sounds like it may be too cold for that. Just a thought. Somebody else may have some ideas for ya. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.