Back from Vacation

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
And came home to clear water....

I left on Vacation on Friday June 20. I brought my pool to shock level the night before, or I planned to and realized I didn't have enough bleach on hand. So I went to the grocery store at 6am and bought a couple of bottles for $2.39, the most I've ever paid by the way! and poured one in. Left the solar cover on and weighed it down with empty bleach jugs filled with water.

Returned last night at 6pm and took off the cover. Clear water, water level the same as before I left. Not sure how much rain we had while gone. I poured in a jug of bleach, as there was some green on top of the solar cover where the water was sitting uncirculated around the bleach jugs. Didn't bother to test, figured I'd need some chlorine since it was 9 days with any added. Pulled the cover back for a couple of hours and will test the water this morning. We stayed a day longer than we planned and I'll admit I was a bit concerned because I didn't have anyone add chlorine for me (last year I had a friend add some). So I was pleasantly surprised at the clear water!

The worst part of this whole thing is I had no internet for most of the vacation. Hubby brought his laptop with a cell card (just for me :wink: ) but we had no cell service most of the time either. We were in the boonies near Hayward, at a campground on the Chippewa Flowage. I went thru total withdrawls not being able to read TFP. I'm amazed at how many pools I now notice on the drive North....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.