sealant/glue glass to concrete, continuous immersion, salt/chlorine resistance

lennyf

Dec 8, 2013
I am in the process of building a swimming pool with an opening in the wall to be used as a window. So I need to glue and seal a glass pane to that opening (concrete) and seal it continuously all around. The process of attaching the glass and sealing will be carried out dry - no water in the pool. But then it will of course be filled, and the seal and glue will be immersed continuously in swimming pool chlorine water.

Does anybody know of an appropriate product for that purpose? Is this knowledge based on real life experience? Doing some googling I've found the following as candidates, but I need very strongly proven advice as to the longevity of the solution:

3M 5200
Otto Chemie s18
Underwater Magic
Sikasil Pool
Aqua Max

There are probably more.
Please advice!

I can't vouch for any of these products, but your best bet may be to talk to the person in charge of maintenance at a saltwater aquarium and find out if there is a product they use for the tank windows and how they are maintained.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.