Help with first chemical test results using Taylor k-2006

Jjpool

Jan 27, 2014
Texas
Big storm last night. Cleaned pool and pumped for 3 hours before testing. "Pool Guys" have been taking care of pool weekly for 2 weeks and just came Thursday and added 1 gallon muriatic acid and 3 lbs granule dichlor chlorine. Here are my first test results!!

CYA- 30
Calcium Hardess - 120
PH 7.4
TA 190
Free Chlorine 9.8
Combined Chlorine - no combined chlorine-sample did not turn pink

Welcome to TFP!

Your numbers are fairly good. There are several things that might be tweaked, but nothing that needs immediate attention.

The levels are currently setup for using dichlor/trichlor, slightly low CYA and high TA are both good with dichlor/trichlor and not so good for bleach.

There is no real reason to measure FC by steps of 0.2. Using 0.5 is more than precise enough and saves on reagents.

Jason,

Thank you so much for your quick response!!!

Preventing liner fade is of our utmost concern. From the CYA/Chlorine chart my FC level should be kept between 2 and 4 at a level of 30 CYA. Is this correct? Any opinions on helping prevent liner fading?

After yesterday's results I did the following: Turned on Deck Jets to slightly raise PH.
This mornings test results are as follows: PH 7.6, TA 175, and FC 7.5.
My plan is to simply continue deck jets and allow chlorine level to drop naturally with daily monitoring of FC & PH with weekly monitoring of TA and CYA for near future.

Again, Thanks so much and thanks for this website!!

Jane

Hi, Jane,

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

FC and CYA are not related to UV damage of your liner. That is a direct result of exposure to the sun.

If you minimize your liners exposure, the UV damage can be reduced to almost nothing and your liner will last for years and years.

As JasonLion indicated, your numbers are pretty good. Stay on the site and ask lots of questions and you pool can stay crystal clea all summer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.