Adding pictures hosted elsewhere

jblizzle

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
There have been a lot of issues today with people trying to post pictures and violating the limit and then trying to post the link to photobucket.

When you click the picture to paste in the image URL, there is a box that is checked that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" ... I think this means it is trying to upload the picture to here which then violates the limit again. Is there a way to make that box default to UNchecked? ... if that is indeed what the box means.

I will look into this more.......and send an email over to Jason, however.......

I do not think it is possible to do this without re-writing the code of the software. I do believe however it is possible to do away with the "attachment" button that is currently there now, and change it to one that adds the

Yup, defaults off now ... that should help with some of the confusion.
I was telling Lee that we need to update a tutorial on how to host and post pictures before the summer rush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.