Water Seepage Below Tiles

Mar 26, 2014
AZ
Hi everyone,

I recently found this site (already ordered and received the TF-100 testing kit), and I could use some help and advise.

We've just had our pool redone with StoneScapes Mini Pebble. PB had to come back, drain the pool and do another acid wash as there was quite a bit of mottling on the bottom and sides. I noticed water spots under the (new) tiles. Is this something to be concerned about. They are coming to fill it tomorrow, for the second time, and I'd hate to have this be a major problem and not get it taken care of before filling.

pool_2.jpg

pool_1.jpg

Thanks

The grout is there ... it is just wet and darker.

Somehow there is water behind the tile (whether it got there from the pool or ground water) that is now seeping out. Ideally this would not happen, but I imagine it is fairly common.

Thank you for the replies. Yes, there is grout between the tiles. It's a dark blue color so it doesn't show up that well in the photos. It appears to be drying out. PB still needs to repair a couple of spots around the drains before filling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.