Salt Chlorination for steel/aluminum body pool

Masspools

In The Industry
Jan 22, 2013
Cambridge Massachusetts
Hi All

I'm working with a commercial client that would like to convert their present Bromine system to a Salt Chlorinated system. The pool is indoor around 25,000 gallons and a Steel/Aluminum body with a tiled floor. I'd like to get the general consensus if it okay to add this system to a metal pool because of the corrosion factor, any thoughts?

Thank James

Assuming you mean that there is a significant amount of steel directly exposed to the water, that depends on the grade of steel used. It takes a fairly high grade of steel to be safe around salt water. Unless you are confident that the steel is a high enough grade, I would avoid using salt water.

We have a customer that we built his indoor pool. It is stainless steel wall cocrete floor(he does scuba diver training) and when we added the swg it started "rusting" the stainless. We didn't bond enough for the added stray current. The pool is bonded just needs more to be okay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.