Arguing with the builder: GVA valve direction

Jan 28, 2014
Buckeye AZ
Hi! Hayward PS-4 with a few Hayward GVA 24 actuators. After their design didn't work the way we wanted, I had to get in Visio and start diagraming for myself. I've got it pretty much figured out, but the builder is saying that the GVA valves go from left to right, and you can't have two valves going in opposite directions at the same time.

that's hogwash right? You'd just move your 2nd valve into position and put the switch to ON2 so when powered it heads back the other way right? The hayward manual is fairly unclear about the ON1 ON2 settings.

There is a switch on the actuators that reverses the movement. They always move both ways, but one way is though of as on and the other way as off. The switch reverses which direction is thought of as on and which direction is though of as off.

Generally you just hook them up and see if they are doing what you want. If not, flip the switch.

ya i know, but I am sending the contractor my diagrams, stating which ones need to be set to ON2, and how they should be cammed when in the "not activated" position, so knowing which way the currenly installed valves rotate helps. When I get home I can just go look at it, but...I'm not at home right now :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.