New equipment pad (cement or gravel ?)

I agree that a cement pad would be best. Mine are sitting on separate pavers which leaves me at risk for settling. I do not think that most people actually bolt their pumps down though.

I also have mine on cement pavers. The cement pavers sit on 2B stone that I tamped down. I haven't had any settling problems as of yet. My pump is attached to a base and my filter sits on the same base. It's an AGP though. I also think poured concrete would be the way to go. ?

Ours has been sitting on a few stacked cinder blocks for about 20 years now. We did this so we don't need to bend down to do any work on the pump. :) No issues not being bolted ever.

I'd say concrete as it's easier on the feet. I'm sure there will be one "middle of a swim" issue with the pump where you'll hate walking across rocks to do something with the pump.

Our equipment is sitting on 4" inches of 1-3" river jack which is on 4" of 1/2" grey drainage stone on undisturbed soil. Our PB generally does the equipment on concrete because that's what most people want. Our application lent itself well to the stone. He actually prefers stone for ease of access and doesn't feel it affects longevity of the equipment/pipes. The stone is round and therefore benign to step on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would definitely like to get mine covered. It bakes almost every hour the sun is out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.