Info about Rendevous Foam Out

wpbucher

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 7, 2012
South-Central Pennsylvania
My hot tub is foaming. I'm pretty sure it is from daughter and friends (make up, hair gel, etc.).

I have tried Rendevous Foam Out (came with the hot tub) with limited success. It cuts down on the foam but does not eliminate it.
The instructions say to keep adding 1/2 teaspoon until foam is gone. The last time I was in the tub I did a total of one teaspoon.
I didn't put anymore in because I really no nothing about this product.

Before using again, I thought I would find out a little more about the product.
Google let me down....I can't find any info on this product.

I'm hoping TFP can help.

What is in Rendevous Foam Out?
How does it work? I mean the "physics" or chemistry of how it works
What affect (effect?...one of those) does it have on the water chemistry?

I know that Foam Out is a temporary solution, but should I just keep adding until the foam is gone? Any negative consequence of bathers, water chemistry, or hot tub?

Having friends over this Saturday for a couple of hours. I'm hoping to figure out how to tame the foam (without drain and clean) for their visit.

Thanks for your help.

Raising the sanitizer level a little higher than normal can help. Also, make sure your CH level is at least 120, which helps minimize foaming.

For serious cases of foaming that don't respond to the two suggestions above we recommend enzyme based products, like Spa Perfect.

Rendevous Foam Out I have never heard of. It's MSDS just says it is a proprietary silicone emulsion. Silicone emulsions can have a variety of properties, including foaming or anti-foaming, depending on how they are formulated. As a general rule we don't recommend adding anything that is not understood to the pool/spa. In this particular case I can't think of any specific problems that would come up, but there might be something, so I would tend to avoid the product on principal.

OH, so that is the correct signature, I got confused. There are some other character limits as well I think. I had a similar problem like you are describing before when we first switched software (can not remember if that got fixed). Let me see if I can change it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it worked, not sure why you had a problem ... although moderators edit it differently than you would.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, your signature is over 5 lines long right now. I removed the last line to make you "legit" moving the build date up. Put your location in your profile and then you are golden ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.