Spa attached to pool problem with jets.

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
I have an attached spa on my pool with 4 jets. jets work great, yet one jet has barely any pressure. I usually run the spa without the filter in and if I take the filter basket out as well, the pressure is kind of there on the one jet with a problem, but still 20% of the strength of the other 3. If I try and block the other 3, the water just starts coming out the venturi valve. Anyone seen this or have any ideas? I'm guessing its something with the plumbing that I can't reach but maybe someone has some ideas.

Sounds like the jet may be partially blocked? I would try pulling all the jets out (they are fairly deep in the holes and should unscrew) and see if anything is in there. Try running a bit without the jets in and maybe something will come out. At least this is free to check out.

I have 3 returns on a bench seat in my pool and one of them never has the same flow as the others. They all used to match before we got the pool resurfaced, now they don't. I have been unable to find the problem since there are not true "spa jets" in mine. Hardly ever turn them on so I do not worry about it.

It does sound like a glogged pipe. Could be as simple as a small bit of loose plaster or some grit has worked its way down and is blocking the back side Or... is it possible that that one particular jet is plumbed to the pool returns or some sort of bypass so that some water always flows through the spa?

There are no heads on the jets, I believe I never put them back on. If there is a blockage, I don't see how I could fix it without ripping up the deck.
How about a cheap drain snake? This one's less than ten bucks at Lowes. I'd try running it through backwards first, that is, the end without the spiral thing, from the spa towards the pump.
088712101505.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can remove jet nozzles with a socket wrench and a long extension. Once removed, you can run the jet pump and clear any debris that was stuck behind the jet nozzle.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

I am talking about the nozzles that are deep within the spa wall and look like this:
217-3330_250x250.jpg

But I am NOT talking about eyeballs that look like this:
75EYEBALL.jpg

So did you remove the eyeballs or nozzles or both?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.