No Flow with Jandy AquaPure

Feb 17, 2013
An old problem has come back again. No Flow with the Jandy Aquapure Handheld and the LCD panel one green light on and no error codes which I used to get in the past. The sensor is only about a year and a half old. The Chlorine cell is about 4 years old. I cleaned the cell (some build up but not bad at all just a light coating). Polished the sensor and still nothing. THe Chloirine level has been droppinng to next to nothing over the week before I noticed the no flow and cleaned the cell. The weather has been warmer about 84 water temp, and 88 ambient temp. not sure if that is a factor? Since the pool was built this system has been nothing but trouble!

Have you cleaned the filter recently? Also check for debris in the skimmer(s) and pump strainer baskets. If it isn't any of those and you are getting nice strong return pressure, check the flow sensor cable to see if it has gotten pulled out or cut.

No breaks in wires etc. Weird, but I reset the panel at the suggestion from Jandy Tech phone services and when it came off of the waiting cycle everything worked for about a minute then it went back to no flow and the green power button is on and the cell reversing light is on. Is there a way to check the flow sensor to see if it is bad? What kind of signal does it send back to the control panel? Is there a way to disable flow sensor and just have it think there is always water flowing?

If you are certain that there is enough flow, min 40 GPM, then it is either the sensor or board that is bad. By chance, do you know anyone that has an Aquapure that can loan you a sensor so you can try it out to see if it is the sensor?

I've had problems off and on with my SWG shutting off due to No Flow also, but I know that I'm right at the low limit of 40 GPM when my pump runs on low-speed. Over 3.5 years I have had to replace three faulty sensors, under warranty, as they wouldn't work when the pump was on high-speed. This last sensor I've had for over a year and it seems to be working as it should. I know they have had some problems with some of their sensors not lasting as long as they should, but they seem to have been getting better lately.

Yes it is one of the new black sensors that came with a daughter board to put on the board in the wall unit. When I hit reset I'm referring to the panel reset button that is just above the time out service and operation button. You have to use a pen to push the little button in and it stops the pump, makes all of the lights by the buttons come on and go out then the pool starts up. It always resets the time in hand held to march 4, 2008 and noon or 1 pm. All of the other programs stay the same, but after doing that for about a day some of the programs don't run, like pool turn on, or water features but the light always works at its scheduled time. I swear this system is possessed.

There is a button on the daughter board that you push to reset the sensor. Actually it is supposed to re-calibrate the salinity sensor. Once the unit comes on line, about 4 min, push and hold that button till the flow light on the board comes back on.

OK so it is working now! This is the longest I have had flow in the last 2 weeks!

Once again, thanks for your help! I don't know what I would do without this forum to help me with this pool. Probably fill it in and turn it into a tennis court!

Hey why don't you open a branch in the Orlando Florida area! I swear no one down here knows how to deal with stuff!

There is a button on the daughter board that you push to reset the sensor. Actually it is supposed to re-calibrate the salinity sensor. Once the unit comes on line, about 4 min, push and hold that button till the flow light on the board comes back on.

WOW - THANK YOU, POOL CLOWN! You saved me a lot of anxiety, grief, and needless expense. My Aquapure sensor was less than one year old and it started reading "No Flow". I replaced the filter (it was time, anyway), cleaned the trap, scrubbed the sensor, inspected the salt cell, increased the RPMs, powered down & restarted the system, and just about every other troubleshooting trick I could find. Nothing. I was about to fork over another $200 for a new sensor when I came across this post. In just two minutes, I had opened the control panel, held down the button on the daughterboard, and got the flow light to come back on. I then went over to the water return in the pool and found highly chlorinated water coming in!

So THANK YOU for the quick and effective fix for this problem. Message to everyone else: If you have one of the newer Jandy Aquapure 1400 tri sensors (the one that comes with the daughterboard attached) and you're getting "No Flow" on the LCD and no "Flow" LED lit, this is probably the fix.​

Many thanks to Pool Clown for posting on this thread and to Itsnorm for passing on the information to other similar threads, which I found. Had the same problem of "No Flow" with no other error codes on my Jandy AquaPure 700 system. Filter, sensor, baskets, etc. all clean. I used the little recalibration button on the daughter board and have had NO problems since. I would like to remind everyone that if your AquaPure system is showing "No Flow", with or without any other error codes, your system IS NOT making chlorine. Don't ignore it. Thanks again for all of the great info on this site.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a Jandy Aquapure, is there a way to clean the flo sensor? I watched a youtube video and someone briefly says you can clean them with a wire brush. I'm currently giving my cells an acid bath. I have been getting "no flo" error on my handheld remote. I have owned the house/pool now for 3 years, I think the pool is 8 years old. Thanks for the feedback!

Sensors can be cleaned with Scotch-brite or something similar. Do a search for a troubleshooting guide for the Aquapure and you should fine steps to determine if the sensor needs to be replaced. I'm guessing that there is a good chance the sensor needs to be replaced.

Make sure if you replace it you get the latest sensor. Jandy has come out with a new one. There is still a lot of old ones out there and people will sell them to you. The new one has a square controller on the line. I have installed 100 of them and have had no problems. I think Jandy finally got it right.

The sensor will need to be replaced and the cell might need to be replaced also. When my 3 sensors started to go out they would act just like yours for a month and then die. Make sure you get the latest sensor like ConradM said.

IF you have a black sensor and it has the small board, and you are getting a no flow display, you may need to "reset" with the button again. Im running into this more as the black sensors are starting to age. Also, I've heard that Jandy has made yet another change, and the sensors no longer ship with the small board.

I've been getting some odd readings; salt at ~25k and then ~2k and then repeated NO FLOW errors. I have the newer black sensor w/ daughter board. I attempted to reset the board but the little LED on the board will not light up after waiting, rebooting, etc.... Thoughts?

I hope it's not ANOTHER bad sensor. I've sunk too much money into this units as it stands.

Search for the troubleshooting guide and go through the diagnostics. It sounds like the sensor is bad, but it could be other things. They now have a new sensor that replaces the sensor with the daughter board. If you need to replace the sensor make sure you find the newest revision.

There's a little black jumper that might, or might not, need to be installed on the adaptor board.

Check the software revision by pressing the up arrow, down arrow and salinity buttons simultaneously. If it's 02110A10, then you don't use the jumper. If it's any other revision, then you do use the jumper. The revision number is also printed on the cpu on the circuit board.

I'm having this no flow error message w/o any error codes. Please excuse my ignorance but which is the daughter. I have 2 boxes (control boxes), the larger one has the buttons to put the pool in service mode with a reset "button" just above it. Is it this one that you guys are referring to? Or, is there another one that I'm obviously unaware of? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.