Intex 18 foot utra frame - are these prone to leaking?

Hi, I am planning to get an Intex 18x52 ultra frame this summer, but have been a little hesitant after seeing a number of complaints about leaks and burst seams in reviews on walmart, etc. Is this really a big problem? It sounds like people on this forum have had success with these pools for multiple years. Any advice?

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to TFP! As far as intex pools go, it is what it is...a cheap way to have a pool in your yard. There have been some seam failures right out of the box, but I would say the majority of the pools arrive intact. Ground prep is very important. The ground must be level, solid, and free of sticks, rocks, nutgrass, and anything else that can harm the pool. Keep in mind that most of the people who post online reviews are unhappy with the product. People who are happy with their purchase are not as likely to go back and post about how much they like it.

Thanks for the comments. I will probably go for it. I will check the box and make sure its not beat up. I will also purchase it somewhere that has a good return policy, just in case. Laceygirl, I am jealous that you can start getting ready for your pool set up already. I have to wait until the 18 inches of snow and ice melts :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.