Deck design for 16' Intex Ultra-Frame

I built that one section at a time. This is a rough list of the pressure treated lumber I used.

4x4 posts 8ft. Two of these, cut in half for four 4ft corner posts.

2x4 10ft. Four of these. Cut eight 3ft pieces from these, screwed to the posts with 3in deck screws, 3 per post in each 2x4. The top ones need to be flush with the top of the posts, the bottom ones 4in - 6in from the bottom of the posts. The leftover pieces of 2x4 from these will be cut to length and screwed inside the box frame you've made, as close to equal distance apart as you can.

5/4 deck boards, 12ft. Three of these. Cut three 4ft long pieces from each of these. Overhang both ends equally. Screw with 3in deck screws, 2 screws per 2x4.

2x4 12ft. One of these. Cut in half for two 6ft stair stringers. Figure your top angle, and cut. These will be screwed to the top rail of one side of the box frame. If your ground is flat, the bottom angle should be 90* from the top angle. Divide the distance from the top of your deck to the ground into however many steps you want, remembering the distance between the top of one to the top if the next should not be more than 10in. I will likely come out to 9 and an odd fraction inches. Mark these measurements on the side of your stringers, with two lines, 1-1/2in apart, on the same angle as your bottom cut. Set your circular saw to slightly less than half the thickness of your stringers, about 3/4in. make multiple cuts between the lines, then chip out the remaining material. Or you could use a straight bit on a router for this.

You will need another couple of 2x4s to make your steps with, cut to the width of what you want your steps to be, allowing for the inset into the stringers. Two 3in deck screws per step end.

Make as many of these deck sections as you need, placing them one post apart around your pool. Fill in the missing sections with 2x4s, ends angle cut to match both box sections. Cover with deck boards.

Let me know if these instructions need any clarification.

Edit: Because the top of the deck will be more than 30in off the ground, you will need to build some sort of railing around the off pool sides. How you do this will be up to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.