taylor speedstir question

Dec 16, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I just got a Taylor SpeedStir last week and have been enjoying it so far. I’m currently using the Taylor included vial and stir bar that came with the SpeedStir itself to do my daily chlorine testing. I know the TF-100 kit specifically has a vial for only chlorine and I’m curious if I should only use the Taylor vial for chlorine as well?

I think my TF-100 vials will fit on the SpeedStir just fine and I also think the stir bar will fit in the TF-100 vials, so if having multiple vials to keep the chlorine tests separate from the other tests isn’t a problem, is it a problem to be using the same Taylor stir bar for those other tests?

It isn't a problem either way.
I use the Taylor vial for all my tests but have used the TF-100 vial as well.

The reason for the separate "Chlorine" test vial is that after a while the FAS-DPD test tends to turn the vial dark. However, it's easily cleaned so I don't worry about it.

I've rearranged my TF-100 box a little so that each test is within its own compartment and everything flows in order for me. The speed stir stores right in the bottom of the box too. So to speed things up even more I ordered an extra magnetic "bean" and keep one in each vial ready to go. I use the two vials that came with the kit because I find the one that came with the speedstir difficult to read. It all works for me and testing is fast and easy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've rearranged my TF-100 box a little so that each test is within its own compartment and everything flows in order for me. The speed stir stores right in the bottom of the box too. So to speed things up even more I ordered an extra magnetic "bean" and keep one in each vial ready to go. I use the two vials that came with the kit because I find the one that came with the speedstir difficult to read. It all works for me and testing is fast and easy.

I've done a little of that too. Whatever works better I say.

Absolutely. Half pool water, half reagent, drop the stir bar in and let it rip.

It comes out easy enough with a little shaking when the mixing bottle needs rinsing.

Ok Cool. I figured it would be hard to get out. Skippy's post above reminds me that somewhere there is a thread where people posted pics of their test rig. You may have started it Richard, can't remember. :scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.