Cheap DIY Aerator

Phokis

Apr 12, 2013
This I guess is kind of like the Venturi but haven't seen any of the postings with pictures like this. It probably will only work with AGP's unless you can find where to attach the PVC. In total it cost me about 3.50 at HD though I already had the tie wraps and pvc cutter.

As you can see in the picture. There is just one 3/4 T and I bought 2 of the ready cut 2 ft sections of 3/4 pipe @ HD.

I first cut one of the 2 footers in half and placed it in the T but the down piece was not even with the return. so I cut the other 2 footer longer so that it would even up with the return. With the remaining pieces I made sure that the piece pointing down would cover over have of the return jet when in the down position. I tied it up on the frame, turned on the filter and I now have some cheap aeration.

20140321_165844.jpg
20140321_165755.jpg
20140321_165821.jpg

Depending on your other water parameter, in particularly the TA, you can aerate to bring the ph up without having to add any chemicals to the water.

If you add chemicals to the water to raise ph, then then depending on what you put in, can greatly alter the TA.
So, for example, if the water paramaters all all ok except for perhaps low ph, then aerating may the best option to raise it.

Curious, I'm sure if it was mentioned throughout the ste, but why aerate?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
simple way to clean it up without snipping is to redo them(or turn them if they will) with the tails facing downward (outside of the pool). I'm sure that's obvious, but I had to mention.

simple way to clean it up without snipping is to redo them(or turn them if they will) with the tails facing downward (outside of the pool). I'm sure that's obvious, but I had to mention.

Yeah, I thought about that but I have an almost blind Italian greyhound that loves to jump up at the pool to try and get the water now that you can hear the stream through the pvc when its on. I cant water the plants with her outside or she looses her mind trying to get at the water.

Now that I am typing this. Maybe I could just slice a pool noodle over it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.