Hey ! Willi is glad to be here !!

Willi

Mar 24, 2014
Florence, KY
Hello everyone!
Owner of a 18'x36' IG, last house I had a 24' round AG..

Fairly experienced but still have alot to learn about pool chemistry.

I am a facility engineer (maintenance) for a property management company. Married for 26 yrs and a kid in college. I am a founder on a motorcycle forum and a Super Mod on a gaming forum.

I have perfected the art of applying tanning oil and I am an obedient poolboy serving cold drinks to sunbathing women.

Look forward to learning and helping.

*will do my sig on my PC when I get home this evening*

47 new posts since I registered at lunch, 4 hours ago...woah.

Going to be tough to keep up lol

Thanks for the welcome Butterfly and Skippy.

Skippy, the IG pool I have now is about 14 years old and I have owned it for almost 5 years. I will add a couple pics tonight on the PC, for some reason my phone will allow me to add the pic but no "submit" button.

47 new posts since I registered at lunch, 4 hours ago...woah.

Going to be tough to keep up lol

Thanks for the welcome Butterfly and Skippy.

Skippy, the IG pool I have now is about 14 years old and I have owned it for almost 5 years. I will add a couple pics tonight on the PC, for some reason my phone will allow me to add the pic but no "submit" button.

And it ain't even busy yet. We just upgraded to Vbulletin this year and we are expecting a lot of growth this Summer again. Good to have you aboard Willi, glad you found us. Now, I may have to ask for some tips on those oiling and serving techniques. :lol:

I'm about to be a fellow 18X36er myself. Hopefully in a few weeks. :whoot:

We're gonna hold you to that promise on the pool pics...don't forget it. :mrgreen:

And it ain't even busy yet. We just upgraded to Vbulletin this year and we are expecting a lot of growth this Summer again. Good to have you aboard Willi, glad you found us. Now, I may have to ask for some tips on those oiling and serving techniques. :lol:

I'm about to be a fellow 18X36er myself. Hopefully in a few weeks. :whoot:

We're gonna hold you to that promise on the pool pics...don't forget it. :mrgreen:

The oiling techniques, thats not something that can be taught my friend :) The serving is another issue, not too much vodka but just enough, plenty of ice and FAST!

I like VBulletin much better than PHPBB, seems to be a little simpler to use and has more features. The site looks awesome!

The 18x36 is a perfect size for us, large enough for the crowds we have yet small enough that maintenance is a breeze (usually).

Pics coming up ! Nothing fancy but we like it.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife and her friends eat pool boys for breakfast. Welcome!

Woody, had to check what state you were in, because I was sure my wife must have been friends of your wife :shark:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very nice looking Pool!

Love the "Dive In" nite. Very clever, and catchy too! Fun stuff Willi..:goodjob:

Thanks Brushpup ! We started doing the Dive-ins 4 years ago and everybody loves them. We have a commercial popcorn machine set up also.
For the movies I use a portable DVD player and connect to an older projector, only 800x600 but still has a great picture. For sound I use an old set of computer speakers with Sub and plug into DVD headphone jack.
I try to keep everything small and as portable as I can to keep the setup quick.

The screen is 8 x 8 and has an aluminum frame, I got it free from a guy who worked at an amusement machine company, I believe this came out of a golf simulator.

Welcome Willi! The pool looks great!!! Enjoy TFP and all the fine peeps!

Opening the pool this Friday and am way too excited to start with the new test kit and see better results. I spent some time reading TFP pool school since I joined, I feel pretty confident but I am sure I will have questions until I feel comfortable with understanding the chemistry.

Purchased less liquid shock than I normally do. Years past I buy 30 cases at Watsons pool school because its on sale ($9.89) per case. I bought 20 yesterday for this season and did not buy any tablets like I normally do.

Will post pics and test results. TFP rocks!!

You will do just fine this summer! Post up your results and any questions! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support