New to pools!

Mar 24, 2014
Phoenix
Hi all, very VERY new here!

Just in the process of buying a house with a pool, the first pool I have ever potentially owned? Having had as quick look over the equipment, (and forgetting to take pictures of most of it!) I have a couple of questions. Apparantly I can get a remote control for this, can anyone give me an idea whether, where and/or how much one would cost?

It appears that there's a waterfall that works with one of the "Aux" buttons (not sure what the other "aux" button does), and there is a kind of spray at pool side level, with a manual valve labeled "aerator" that seems to have to be truned manually to make the spray work. Can that function be made automatic as I plan to either run the pump at night, or dailing via solar.

Regarding solar, is it possible/feasable/expensive to power the pool pump via solar panels, and thus save some $ on electricity.

Please excuse me if these are simply or obvious questions, as I know literally nothing! I will start the chlorination/PH level/chemical questions if/when we move in lol.

many thanks in advance,

Paul :blah:pool.jpg

Just wanted to say welcome to TFP!

No dumb questions here, just the ones you don't ask. I don't know the pricing you asked about, but guessing not cheap. I don't really think solar is a viable pool pump power option at all.

Thanks for the welcomes :) getting to grips with this now I think, the pool school is great, learning a HUGE amount, and wish I had taken more pics, so I could ask more meaningful questions :)

As far as solar is concerned, I was looking to run solar panels, charging deep cycle batteries, and running an invereter from there for the pool pump.

I know that this won;t be an accurate answer, as the question is how long is a piece of string, but taking an average pool pump, would someone like to take a ball p[ark guess at the current draw (and voltage) I can expect to see? That would give me an idea of whether I would need a football field of panels, or whether what I can actually fit in will suffice.

Many thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.