What to tweak?

abrink

Mar 16, 2014
Orlando, FL
I've been taking care of my chemistry for about 2 months now. I've been in the process of lowering my overall TA, it was at 150. Using TF-100 for testing.

New Results (3/23)
- FC 6.5
- CC 0.0
- PH 7.5
- CH 300
- CYA 50
- TA 90

Is there anything that should be tweaked? I have the SWG running at 10%.

There are only minor points, tweaking is right. When using a SWG the recommended CYA level is between 70 and 80. Your FC level is also a little higher than it needs to be with a SWG, especially given your current CYA level. Long term you will want to lower TA a little more, but no obvious reason to rush on that.

If the waters clear, tweak the amount of cold beverages currently in the refrigerator. There's too many in there, and some should be consumed quickly, while relaxing by the water.

Numbers all look good to me.

@Leebo - Thanks -- I'll drink one for ya!

@Jason -- I've thought about not running the pump as long to reduce the FC levels -- I currently run it for 6 hours -- mainly because we like the ambiance of it running. I suppose I could tweak it back to 4 hours. I have the SWG on the lowest setting. I'll get the CYA up a bit and keep working on the TA. Whats the optimal TA level? 80?

Because your SWG is only running 10%, I think I would simply leave everything alone.

Test your chemistry as you swing into the pool season and I think you'll have a great summer. Very nice work.:goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.