Replacement for Pentair MiniMax NT

Mar 23, 2014
United States
First time poster!

I've got a Pentair MiniMax NT that's showing me an E04 error (I know, call my pool guy) I know that error is a fan issue but this heater has been going sideways for the last few months (as in, not heating things up.) I'm afraid it might be time for a replacement...but I don't think that Pentair makes the minimax any more.

Any suggestions for a replacement heater? I've got a 30x20x7 (at the deep end) salt water pool with a big jacuzzi, Jandy control unit and a desire to heat the hot tub up quickly. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

I wouldn't say "Call your pool guy" as he's probably not the best versed in fixing your issues. I would rather say, hire a gas pool heater professional. Yes I am biased.

As for a new heater, you will find here that Raypak/Rheem is a quality unit to purchase. how "quickly" do you think the hot tub should heat up?

My "pool guy" also services the heater, filters, and the rest of the setup (he seemed to come with the house.)

He took the fan unit out - it was rusted through. He's recommending either I replace the fan for $400 or get a whole new unit (MasterTemp 400k BTU model) for $2500 installed. I'm leaning towards a full replacement, since the main unit is almost 8 years old.

Last year the hot tub would take 45 minute to an hour to heat up. Anything faster than that would be an improvement. Hoping for about 20 minutes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.