Need help with iron stain

reneec

Jun 12, 2007
I have brown stains on my steps that I think are iron stain. I have done the absorbic acid treatment and it made no difference. The stains are exactly the same. My pool is filled with well water that is why I think they are iron stain. Right now my test numbers are:
FC 2
CC .5
TC 2.5
PH 7.2
TA 190
CH 110
CYA 35
Temp 85

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

If holding a vitamin c tablet on the stained area for 20-30 seconds had no effect then the stains are NOT iron. They could be copper but brown copper stains are very difficult to remove. Have your water tested for metals.

waterbear and other metal gurus....

I spoke with renee on the phone about an unrelated subject. She tried the vitamin C test and it worked.

For some reason, her subsequent ascorbic acid treatment was ineffective, however. I asked her to post back up for further advice. I am unable to help.

If you tell us more about how the ascorbic acid treatment went we can give you more specific advice. Did any of the stains disappear for even a short time? What were the FC and PH when you added ascorbic acid? And any other narrative that might give us a clue to what went wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.