Intex fitings??

Charlie_R

TFP Expert
May 8, 2013
Mexico, MO
I bought the Hydrotools through the wall skimmer complete set, which came with a return fitting.

I noted the outside threads on the back side looked like they might fit the Intex 1-1/2" hose fittings. Checked it out, and yes they work! I don't know if any of the other brands of return fittings have the same thread, I suspect they do.

I'm refilling the pool now, and will be bringing one of the pumps out to finish the opening clean-up. I'll post later with a report on leakage, if any.

Ok, here's a few pics.

You will notice I have the PVC thread adapter into what would normally be the inside of the pool. Since these are the same thread pitch all the way through the fitting, it works either way. The outside threads appear to be the same as the Intex large hose and plunger valve. For rubber gasket, the local hardware store has tub drain rubber seals that are just barely oversize for the job, but seal up nicely.

If all of the 1-1/2" returns use this thread, this may be a good option for others wanting to hard plumb their Intex pools.

Well done Charlie R, :) I am putting a through the wall skimmer on my intex pool this year.... But I am not planning to hard plumb it, as I have a rectangle pool and they tend to move a lot more than the round ones like yours... But your set up is really nice... :)

I did have a small drip where the 1-1/2" pipe adapter went into the return fitting. A little bit of tightening and fixed.

Actually, the round ones DO move quite a bit. That is why mine is buried about 1/2 metre. No movement even with several rowdy kids jumping in off the small deck.

I'm finding with the increased flow through the twin filters, water level has to be near the upper screws on the vertical sides of the skimmer, instead of in the middle, so upper 1/3 of the weir. Otherwise it starves the pump, and we all know Intex pumps aren't known for self priming.

In terms of ability to catch the floaties, No comparison with the original Intex floater. So much better! I'm embarrassed to show pics of the current condition of the water. I know, most people go through this every time they open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.