Hayward's New OmniLogic

A quick update for those interested: My PB contacted Hayward for me and was told that it won't be released for 60-90 days. He was told that there are a handful of units deployed in the field for testing purposes so they can finishing addressing software bugs. They are intentionally not releasing more information regarding pricing or the manuals until they have finished bug fixes and are closer to releasing the product. I appreciate them wanting to get the bugs fixed but wish they'd release pricing and the install manual so I can prepare for the installation.

I just installed all Pentair equipment last year... spent $$$$ on the best IntelliTouch system. No I feel liek it was a VERY poor decision. OmniLogic (at least from the videos) looks like it is a pretty nice system. I guess only time will tell if it is as good as it looks. I like the act that it says it has built in ethernet, USB for firmware updates, VERY nice GUI for iOS... Pentair has not had a software update for a year. ScreenLogic was adapted for Pentair and is pretty poor. The alerting is useless (not timely, garbage info, no SMS option)... inflexible programming for lighting... on and on. I feel like I wastes a lot of money on what I thought was the best system on the market, and did not get what I was expecting.

Looking forward to others feedback on OmniLogic...

jtech1, comparing something that you installed last year to something that has yet to ship isn't really a fair comparison. We have no idea when OmniLogic will actually be generally available, or exactly what it will do/not do, and you certainly couldn't have installed it last year.

Sure does look cool. I like my AquaLogic though. I was worried in the beginning about have PC boards and microchips involved with controlling my pool, but got over it. The AP system seems simple enough. That OL system looks like it could be pricy if stuff goes wrong...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jason,

I think it is probably close to 100% probability that Pentair is not overhauling their system any time soon. I will be surprised if they have even an update this year more than bug fixes (nothing for 2 years)... actually, not holding my breath for bug fixes either. If I am wrong I will be overjoyed. What I never knew or read before I bought it was that it was old technology they licensed from another company and put their name on. It is really poor from most every perspective... GUI (admin, config and end user), flexibility, programming (very convoluted and limited), inability to update firmware on board and poor method to update other firmware in adapter and controller... and I tried to learn as much as I could about it before I bought it. I did not learn enough.

My point is that the Pentair system does something, while for the moment the OmniLogic does nothing at all (since you can't buy one). When OmniLogic finally ships we can see if it is actually better than Pentair or not. There are plenty of reasons to think it will be better, but since it hasn't shipped who can say.

I am in the same boat, I am redoing my pool. I added a spa, separate pumps and blower plus additional pump for sheer descents, led lighting in pool and spa etc.. I want to at least do as much as I can now to prepare for the Omnilogic, any suggestions, best valves to use etc.. I would like to do as much as I can during this phase of the installation of the equipment that I can to prepare for the release of the Omnilogic?

Thoughts?

Still nothing from Hayward online but it looks like we may be getting closer to a release! For the first time today, we've got a price listed at PolyTec Pools. They have the Base listed for $1495.95 which is better than I'd expected. They have the wall wired remote listed for $379.95, and the valves, sensors, and inputs available for $230.95 . I'm on the phone with Hayward for an update and to see if I can get a manual to confirm that I need all three things here. Hopefully we're getting closer to a release. Would love to hear from any of the testers - like ProducerDavid - who've had a chance to actually use this - certainly looks promising.

Still nothing from Hayward online but it looks like we may be getting closer to a release! For the first time today, we've got a price listed at PolyTec Pools. They have the Base listed for $1495.95 which is better than I'd expected. They have the wall wired remote listed for $379.95, and the valves, sensors, and inputs available for $230.95 . I'm on the phone with Hayward for an update and to see if I can get a manual to confirm that I need all three things here. Hopefully we're getting closer to a release. Would love to hear from any of the testers - like ProducerDavid - who've had a chance to actually use this - certainly looks promising.

Dueport, Did you get any info from Hayward? Are the three components listed at PolyTec everything you need? It looks like there is a handheld remote that will be available as well (besides using an iPhone or iPad) but I don't see that listed. Very interested to see how this system will stack up vs. Pentair Intellitouch.

Dueport, Did you get any info from Hayward? Are the three components listed at PolyTec everything you need? It looks like there is a handheld remote that will be available as well (besides using an iPhone or iPad) but I don't see that listed. Very interested to see how this system will stack up vs. Pentair Intellitouch.

I did! If you call and ask to be transferred to their Goldline group they will email you an advance copy of the install and operation manuals. What is needed depends on the complexity of the system. In my case, (I have a 12K gal rectangle pool, Univeral Omnilogic LED light, heat pump, and EcoStar pump - our spa is independent so I don't use dual function and we don't have any fire features, chem automation, salt gen, spillovers, or other complications) just the base unit is enough. However, I'd like to control the pool equipment from inside the house so I'd like to add on the wired wall remote. So I'll get those two things only. The base system includes 3 temp sensors (outside, pool, and solar (I think)) so I don't need to order additional sensors. The sensor/valve addition is optional if you have a more complicated system. I also called PolyTec and they said they could get it but they special order. Interestingly, the Hayward Goldline group said it is out of beta but they oversee installs so they told me a regional sales guy would contact me to discuss the install process and coordinate with my PB. Haven't heard anything more from them....

Hope this is helpful.

I think when the omnilogic becomes a mature product, it will be a worthy competitor to pentair. On screenlogic 1, pentair got to release 1499. On screenlogic 2 they are at 713, and I can tell you as someone who has about 150 screenlogic systems installed, 713 is rock solid. My company monogram custom pools, is ranked #3 in the USA for customer satisfaction. We didn't get to the top of the pile of 12,000 or so pool builders by installing products that don't work. Just as screenlogic had some hiccups when it came out 6 or 7 years ago, I am sure hayward will have the same. In a few years, i'm sure it will be as stable as screenlogic is for us. But until then, I wouldn't put such an early revision on my customers pools... Even if it does have USB programming and a pretty screen. Also, they have no spa side controller, which is critical to an automation system on our pools.

I choose proven performance for our pools over bleeding edge new features. Because if my customers bleed, so do I!

You can read some of our customer comments about screenlogic at www.monogramcustompools.com

Tony c

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.