Hayward's New OmniLogic

I just had an Omnilogic installed yesterday and I'm happy about it. Its a huge panel, larger than the PL in the box. I'm still a bit away from opening the new pool (need deck, pool finish, and water), but its getting close.

I don't know too many details that aren't already shown on all of hayward's youtube videos, but I was told the only variable speed pump that is compatible is the Ecostar (I wanted the Tristar VS).

I am buying a home in Tucson AZ that has a basic pool approx. 16000 gallon, pebble tech, 1hp Super II pump, 190sqfoot cartridge filter and Fiberstar lighting. I want to add solar heating, salt, chemical control and upgrade to LED lighting. This is a vacation home so I really would like the idea of being able to check on it on my phone or ipad. The pool company I am using told me today that the Hayward rep says Omni-Logic is not ready for market and I should look at something different. If the manufactures rep is not recommending it yet sounds like I should wait. I was told maybe I should look at the Pentair. What should I do? Has anyone actually used this system? I do not want to settle and wish I didn't later.

While they have shipped a few units, OmniLogic is still essentially unavailable. If you have to make a decision right now, I would go with something else. If you can wait a couple of months, it might well be a viable choice.

My pool has been opened and we fired up the equipment and omnilogic on Monday. So far, its worked wonderfully. I'm not familiar with other automation panels, but its very intuitive. Honestly, I have not even used the main touch panel once. I use my ipad or laptop. Really nice. ;)

Is it just me or are the installed OL users just refusing to tell us how much it cost......

Refusing? Duport's June 5th post above listed pricing. Otherwise, no one has asked have they? Mine was in a new pool build package so its not really possible to isolate the shelf price (uninstalled). You will either need to run an ethernet to the box as I did or use their WLAN box. Its essentially a wireless adapter that plugs into the OL's ethernet port.

FYI - they do use a modified echostar pump that has a different control board. This is so the pump can be IP addressable so that you can hook multiple pumps and they'll each have a unique IP on the system bus. The board can be field swapped (for retro), but there is a new echostar part number that will come out with the alternate control panel installed.

I just had the Omnilogic installed in my new pool last week. Apparently I am the one of the first in the northeast to have it. The reps from Hayward came out this week to program it with the pool installers. While they did get a lot of it done, they failed to get it to connect wirelessly to my home network. I verified all of the info and confirmed that the pool area is getting a strong enough signal. So they will be back next week to try to get the final connection done so I can control via iPad. Even without the iPad, it's still very easy to control via the panel. I have a 20 x 40 rectangle, 25k gallons, with water features, sense and dispense, salt chlorination, and an auto cover.

I was quoted $3,350 for my system, installed. I like my toys, so I didn't mind the price.

I'll update when it's all up and running.

I just had the Omnilogic installed in my new pool last week. Apparently I am the one of the first in the northeast to have it. The reps from Hayward came out this week to program it with the pool installers. While they did get a lot of it done, they failed to get it to connect wirelessly to my home network. I verified all of the info and confirmed that the pool area is getting a strong enough signal. So they will be back next week to try to get the final connection done so I can control via iPad. Even without the iPad, it's still very easy to control via the panel. I have a 20 x 40 rectangle, 25k gallons, with water features, sense and dispense, salt chlorination, and an auto cover.

I was quoted $3,350 for my system, installed. I like my toys, so I didn't mind the price.

I'll update when it's all up and running.

What all did they install for $3350?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had one installed last week. I am still working out the kinks in programming, but I am happy with what I have been able to do so far.

We have an old vinyl in-ground pool (circa 1980) which I have been running for about 15 years now (since we moved in). It was a very primitive set-up with an ancient millivolt heater which had no thermostat. For years I had been replacing parts (mostly electronic) in the old heater, but this year I decided it was long past time to replace it. I figured this was an opportunity to drag our system into the 21st Century and install a variable-speed pump and a control panel along with a heater with an actual thermostat :rolleyes:

I don't know what electricity pricing is like where you all are at, but here in Ontario there are punitive rates at certain high-usage times of day. With my old system if I wanted to manage my pump I had to go into my pool shed and manually turn it on and off. Last year I turned it off during the day (unless I wanted to run the heater) and ran it only at night, but that was a nuisance (and I might forget). Now with the control panel and the variable speed pump I can program my way around the high rates. The panel also controls my landscape lighting out front, which is kind of neat.

The whole thing is tremendous overkill given the simplicity of my pool (the hot tub is stand-alone and operates completely separately), but I plan to add more toys that the thing can also control like landscape lights in the back yard, pool lights and maybe a solar system, water feature and/or fountain. A salt system would be an obvious addition too, but I've been running bromine now for 12 years or so and I am comfortable with it. I also worry about corrosion with salt.

I think like anything else that is very new like this you need to have a local service that you trust to help you with debugging.

Has anyone got a chance to use Omnilogic yet? Curious to know your thoughts, pros and cons! Thanks

OK, I had a rather robust installation done over the last few weeks. The Hayward rep (Jeff) came out for the install. He was GREAT and VERY informative.

I have the following:

7k gallon salt water WET EDGE plaster pool
spillover spa (450gal)
2 automated 24VAC Tiki's NG
1 Fire/Water feature with a 1.5: line going to it for a spill over. It has a 30" fire bowl recessed on the middle and it is match tiled in glass tile that has a granite spillover to the pool
Sense and Dispense system
CL 4.0 Hayward lights (2 in pool and 1 in the spa)
3 Pentair Laminar LED Jets
Hayward new 350k Forced Air NG Heater
Hayward 425SQ FT media filter cartridge
5 Goldline 24V Automated valvestikis.jpg

The ENTIRE system is automating and controlling all of the above features. I did have to buy an extra relay bank obviously.

I am VERY VERY happy with it. It works perfect and is very dependable. I looked at everybody's systems and chose Haywards new OmniLogoc system. They are WAYYYY ahead of the competition on this one guys.

I am also a Control4 Home Automation authorized dealer. We are working on making all of it interactive with it also. Maybe a few weeks away as of 11/25/2014.

The total installed price with everything was 3k for all automation and extra controls and about 800$ for electrician. I had to buy a 12VAC transformer (CL 4.0 lights) and a 24VAC transformer for the ignition systems for the Tikis and the fire bowl.

The system is well thought about and planned.

VERY VERY good job Hayward

I give it a FULL 5 stars !!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• pool tile shot.jpg
    pool tile shot.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 181
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.