Charlie_R

TFP Expert
May 8, 2013
Mexico, MO
I would appear as though I waited a bit long to test my water....

Ice is finally gone from the pool, been that way for a few days.

When I closed the pool, I bumped the FC up to 12, and I am assuming with the crud that fell through the mesh it got used up.

Hard to test water when it's got 6" of ice on it.....

Just tested, and 2 scoops of powder turned it just barely noticeable pink in 10mL sample. I think this means maybe .01 ppm??? It wouldn't have taken 1 drop to clear it.

I don't have the pump and plumbing hooked up yet, so having to circulate with an oar. Not the best situation.

I was going to ask about the powder, as it has turned a bit dark, but I see that question has been answered already in another thread.

I've added about 2 1/2 cups of bleach to the water, and circulated it a bit, probably not enough for a good test. Pool is about half full, so safe to assume 2000 - 2500 gallons.

Got most of the debris off the bottom. That will have to do for now, as I need to hard plumb the in wall skimmer, so can't fill the pool yet.

water is just a little cloudy, from the dirt I stirred up off the bottom. Temp is about 55*. That may be what is saving me from having a swamp.

You're probably stirring the water up good enough to get the bleach mixed just by using the leaf rake to scoop up the crud. My pool was never officially closed (What is this thing you call freezing?) and I'll confess to letting FC drop too low in the "winter." I haven't seen any problem yet and the water's been above 65 for weeks.

Funny thing. I just checked mine a little while ago and same thing. No chlorine or maybe it's there and needs to be stirred up to register. I'll see if that's the case when I get the pump hooked back up. Solid cover on it too. There's still ice in there so I broke thru and took a sample. I brought it up to SLAM level which was 16 right before I pulled the pump and filter. That was first week of Nov. I guess that's too long to hold FC. I'm pretty sure I should be good as the water is very cold. The string the thermometer is on is frozen in the ice. When all the ice melts off which I hope will be soon I'll get the pump and filter hooked up and get things going. ?

I hooked the pump and filter up today. Ran the pump for an hour to stir the water up and I still have 4 ppm of FC. CYA level of 20. Was at 40 when I closed. Not bad since I pulled the pump and filter first week of November.
I also switched over to Fiber Clear instead of DE.
Water temp is a balmy 48. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.