Need advice on pb's in north dallas

janeyd

Feb 8, 2014
North TX
We are almost done interviewing (seven) pool builders....with some surprising results! Two builders that 'got' what we wanted out of the box are Hauk and Hobert.

With a "apples to apples" comparision, Hauk is a a few grand more expensive and uses Jandy equipment.

Hobert a few grand less expensive and uses Pentair.

Any opinions on these builders?

Im building now with HOBERT and we have had many issues with Stone.The quality of work is very poor and they have not attention to detail. You can message me and contact me if you need any advice. I only here good things about Hauk. I wished they built mine. We dug april 1 and we arent even done with stone work. I highly will not recommend them

We spoke with 6 companies. There are so many PB in the metroplex. We never spoke with your 2 narrowed down picks.
Best of luck. You are bound to have some problem with such a big construction project. It's how they fix things for you that will separate good companies from poor ones.

We are in the area and finished our first ever pool a few months ago. We also talked to multiple builders, Hauk was one of them but not Hobert. Hauk had a beautiful design but was way over our budget. After finishing ours and reading lots of posts I can tell you there are PBs in the area that will crank them out while others have a great relationship with the customers and will do whatever it takes to make you happy. I wish I had done more research and talked to more people that used this PB. Good luck!

Have you made a decision yet?

I've heard good things about Hauk. I used M. Christopher Pools last year and had a great experience. I used Riverbend about fourteen years ago and had a decent experience with them as well. A friend of mine used Hobert last year and is still experiencing some issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you made a decision yet?

I've heard good things about Hauk. I used M. Christopher Pools last year and had a great experience. I used Riverbend about fourteen years ago and had a decent experience with them as well. A friend of mine used Hobert last year and is still experiencing some issues.

We are using Robertson. Have been pleased so far, but we dig next week so too early to tell.

I really liked Hauk and Riverbend as well. Those were our final three yet went with Robertson as I liked their design better, the equipment list better and the rebar and warranties better.

I also knew them going in. Hauk was 2nd choice. I think all three are good companies.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Building with Hauk now.

Met with 5 other PBs.

My only advice would be do as much research as possible and go with who you feel will build the best pool at the right price. Trust your gut because it's all a sales game for them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.