Oct 27, 2011
Dallas, texas
We literally had snow on the ground since november, and its just now melting, so when I looked underneath the cover the water levels appear to have rised higher than the lines. I think the water from the snow melting went under the cover and with the cold temps the water has frozen. We obviously plugged all of the lines and filled them with antifreeze, but wondering if that could have caused some damage? We arent opening the pool for another month and a half, but wondering if anyone had any insight regarding what could i expect. The ice starts at probably at a 1/2'' above the bottom of the return lines, skimmer doesnt have any ice in it.

Can ice destroy the vinyl liner as well?

The liner should be just fine. The plumbing has several different things protecting it. Losing one of them (water level going up) still leaves others (for example anti-freeze). There is still some risk that you might have damage, but it is a very small risk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.