Think I beat the Algae!

Nod

Jun 23, 2008
Nashville, NC
The pool was filled last week with water from the fire hydrant. The water was horrible looking (see pics). Looking back, I would have preferred the garden hose and waited the couple of nights, over the headache this has caused. Anyhow, I am waiting on my test kit, but have been putting A LOT of bleach in the pool. I started with no CYA and added 4lbs of it through a sock in the skimmer, but its still not registering on the test strip.

I am not sure how many gallons my pool is. The dig sheet says 17,000+, but the pool calculator says 21,000. It is a 16x32 rectangle diving pool (8' deep end).

Anyhow, should I keep adding bleach, even though the water is looking blue now?

Attachments

• poolalgae.jpg
    poolalgae.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 172
To keep that pool blue, keep some chlorine in there.

I would suggest one small jug of clorox each evening until you can post a set of test results.

Nice work clearing up that pool! :-D :-D

duraleigh said:
Nice work clearing up that pool! :-D :-D

Thanks! The PB asked me Friday if I wanted him to put chemicals in it. I told him I already started (Thanks TFP!) I know he left thinking, "he will be calling me"... He will be suprised to see the blue water from what it started at when he comes back tomorrow to pour the concrete deck. I think I have approx $35 in chemicals to clear it up. I can only imagine what his price would have been :shock: .

Duraleigh - I am just east of you in Nashville. Should be a great 4th around here to have a nice big pool party!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.