Gimpy

Gimpy

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Spring Hill, Florida
We've had our pool since September, 2005 - the first for us. Its a 22,000 gallon, plaster, salt water pool. Before discovering "The PoolForum" we were in the dark and at the mercy of the dreaded pool store. We've since learned to do two things: frequent "The PoolForum", and only go to the pool store to buy things that can't be obtained elsewhere (eg CYA).

After having played the 'chase ALK with pH' game, the water has settled in to a regimen of Muriatic Acid consumption. Thanks to "The Great Tetraborate Experiment" acid consumption has decreased from a pint every few days to a pint a week.

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have some trial and error experience, and will be chiming in on occasion.

Thanks for having me, and affording me opportunities!

Welcome Gimpy, we're glad to have you.

On your list of things you learned to do, I know you meant to say "frequent Troublefreepool forum".

Someone might think you meant the other place which is certainly a good resource but definitely not as welcoming at the moment. Only insiders currently allowed there as you probably noticed.

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm anxious to do a full test of the pool water later today, after having been blessed with 3+ inches of sorely needed rain by Tropical Storm Barry yesterday. My CH (currently 400 ppm) has been slowly rising due mainly to evaporative concentration, but I've not been worried about it since the rainy season is right around the corner. Similar thing with TA (100 ppm) - rather than reduce it by lowering pH and aerating, I thought I'd let the rains dilute it.