Flashing No Flow light on Hayward AquaRite Goldline...

Jun 23, 2013
What would cause the No Flow light to flash when water is definitely flowing through the T-cell?

I've cleaned the cell as directed, the pool chemistry is right where it should be, and the salt level was at the low end of the desired range this morning so I added a 40 pound bag of Morton pool salt. I installed a Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar VS Variable-Speed Pool Pump last summer that I run at 1250 rpm 24/7, and am wondering if maybe the slow water flow generated by the pump may have something to do with it.

I am in South Florida and my T-Cell is about 3 years old, and for what it's worth, I had a power outage two weeks ago when the transformer on the pole in front of my house exploded in a shower of sparks. Could the combination of age and that power surge be negatively impacting my system? Maybe it's time to replace the cell and/or Flow Switch?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The cell is looking for a specific minimum flow rate. Water can be flowing, but if flowing too slowly the light will start to flash. This most commonly happens because the filter is dirty or something is blocking the skimmer and/or pump strainer basket. It can also happen when using a variable speed pump at a speed that is too low. It is much less likely, but this can also happen when the flow sensor is broken.

The flow sensor is not normally affected by age or power surges. Those tend to have other symptoms.

Try turning up the pump speed and/or cleaning the filter and see if that solves the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.