Pool test result--What is it telling me?

ZOELIU

Jan 28, 2014
Perth Australia
Hi,

At the moment we are manual feeding the chlorine until we can buy SWG. This is first time I use proper kit to do the testing, as I am really sick of getting wired test result from pool shop and buying those unnecessary chemicals... The test kit I use is TAYLOR 2006C. Below is the test result:

Test 1
14/03/2014 6:17pm
-CH 250
-CYA 100
-FC 0.5
-CC 0.8
-PH: more than 8

In between 2 tests, I slam the pool (don't know if I did it properly!) and lower my ph to 7.2

Test 2
22/03/2014 2:27pm
-PH 7.6
-TA 170
-CH 300
-CYA 65-70

4:50pm
-FC 1
-CC 0.2

Do i need to slam my pool again, or I should just add liquid chlorine to bring up my FC level? And add acid to lower my TA, then aerate to increase the PH?

The first question is: what does the water look like?

Is it clear? Is there any algae on the walls anywhere? Did you perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test? Those answers will determine whether or not you need to continue the SLAM.

If the water looks good and you did pass the OCLT, then get some bleach in there to raise FC to 8, and don't let it ever get below 5 and it will stay clear the rest of the season.

TA is not a concern with your CH number. Just lower pH to 7.2 whenever it rises to 7.8 and the TA will come down on its own over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.