BBB Progress... 7 weeks in

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
I had my liner replaced the end of April and officially started BBB the second week of May. Below is an overview of my progress thus far. You can see my TA is steadily dropping and CYA is almost where I want it. My pool could not look better!

PS.. I didn't record it, however, my I tool my first CH reading yesterday. Result was 200.

:goodjob:

Notes:

- I add CYA via a sock in the skimmer. Only a few lbs at a time.
- LC is Clorox which I pour slowly over the return in the deep end
- I also add MA over the return in the deep end
- I use skimmer socks
- I am still using chlorine tabs until my CYA is where I want it

I assume I could have been move aggressive with dropping pH with MA. I just decided to take it slow. I think I am on my 4th gallon now!

poollog.jpg

Thanks so much everyone!

Wow, nice chart! :goodjob:
So far I've scribbled my test results on notebook paper, which invariably gets damp by the time I'm done :lol:
Good job, there, you can really see your progress...I went to BBB in mid(?) April, and my CYA is finally close to where it needs to be with the SWG. I am still wrestling with TA, but finally got it down to 90 this last weekend.
It's fun, isn't it? I kind of like being the mad chemist. muhahaha

I created a very similar spreadsheet so I could track what my levels were and what I was adding. I had thought about building formulas into it so it would calcuates what I should add, etc. but just haven't done that yet.

Maybe I am confused :hammer: , however I believe you have your columns mis-lableled. Isn't TC the combination of FC and CC? It looks like you have FC as the combination of TC and CC (I think FC and TC are swapped on your columns).

pooltime said:
That's all I use mine for.

If your CL level is below 5 (as yours is, mine needs to be higher due to higher CYA level) you could use that CL test as a daily test and just use the other one on a less frequent basis.

I should have clarified....I do use the blue kit, I use the oto test for daily testing and making sure my chlorine is about 5-6. But I'm really guessing with it, as I have a hard time with the darker shades of yellow. So I use the FC/cc test once a week or as needed, not very often.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.