Vinyl Liner Questions (a couple 2 or 3 :)

Jul 1, 2012
North Atlanta
Hello

I'm I have a in ground 18 x 36 pool Fiberglass steps on the side I'm about due for a liner but money is kinda tight

I'm loosing water about an inch a day..I have an idea where the hole is but the water temp is around 50 degrees.

I would like to go rent a pump and drain the water and once it's drained inspect the liner more (alot easier with no water right) And if it's to shot go ahead and order the new liner

Would like some feedback on this option above and If I do go with a liner any perticular brands to stay away from

I have quotes from $2300 to $3300 The guy thats at 3300 is saying the cheaper quotes are made in china

Would love to here from some of the Veterans on here

Thanks in Advance

Fully draining the pool is likely to ruin the liner (unless it is only one or two years old). When the pool drains the liner will shrink, and then when you go to put it back in it will often tear (unless it is fairly new).

How deep is the place where you think the hole might be? You can safely drain down to about one foot of water left in the shallow end.

Yes, if you want to salvage and patch this liner due to cost and getting perhaps another year out of it, DO NOT completely drain the shallow end of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.