Looking for a nice little form/log to record my test results

singerteacher

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2008
western Wisconsin
I'm currently writing my test results in the back of the booklet that came with my Taylor K-2006 ... but I'm running out of room! I hope that some super-organized person out there has created a Word document or something similar to track their test results. Or maybe there's one posted somewhere on the forum, and I can't find it. Does anyone have a chemistry test log to share? Thanks in advance!

I keep a record of my tests and treatments in a lined notebook which is kept in the pool house. Old fashioned paper and pen. Occasionally I make a note of weather influences such as the torrential rain we had yesterday. I also record when I've backwashed and what the 'clean' psi is.

In the notebook I keep a little chart I've made of how much Cl to add to maintain 5 ppm. My pool is about 75 yards from the house up on a hill; having the chart handy keeps me from hiking down to the house to check the pool calc., then trucking back up there to add the chems. I laid out a spreadsheet last year but found it more trouble than it was worth.

Attaching my spreadsheet. It is similar to many others. If I were smarter and/or had more time I would build a small Access database and form to capture and report on the usage, etc. Heck, with something like that and the Pool Calculator available as iPhone Apps I might have to by an iPhone! Hint! Hint! :wink: :wink:

Attachments

• Pool Maintenance Chart for TFP.xls
    34.5 KB · Views: 387
So far I think Woodberg's will work the best for me...but I do like the separate tabs and running totals of jjdurrant's.

I'm going to guess Need to Learn's was written with SWG in mind? It only has a column for pH down and nothing for pH up (easy to add another column though).

The doc file by reneec might be more handy if you're looking for something to print out and write on. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm keeping mine online (here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/taekwondodo-s-running-pool-log-t11693.html) in my own thread. Not a pretty table view BUT

1) I'm assuming as long as the site's working, I get access to it anywhere,
2) Still have a historical view
3) I'm assuming the site's backed-up
4) I get feedback and comments - and can ask questions and those who reply can see the history.

Just a thought...

- Jeff

I don't keep my results electronically, I just print this out and fill it in each day I test. I usually test OTO CL and ph daily (FAS-DPD CL anytime I want better resolution,) Alkalinity weekly, CH and CYA monthly, unless adjusting. It fits on one page with my printer settings, and I print both sides, so a couple get thru a year. Deleting the Day column gives more room for comments, or columns for salt or pressure readings.[attachment=0:vl4qz2m2]Pool Test Log1.xls[/attachment:vl4qz2m2]

Attachments

• Pool Test Log1.xls
    17.5 KB · Views: 197
My husband is an excel wiz, and with his help, I created this excel pool log, which is a combination of JJDurant and Woodberg's sheets.

There are separate tabs for the different months, and there's a total sheet. On the total sheet, it will automatically calculate average numbers (average PH, FC, etc per month). Also, it will tell you how many chemicals you have added total. This is a handy tool to show how much money you have spent in chemicals.

I hope you like it, and let me know if you have any questions

Attachments

• Jefe\'s Pool Log.xls
    34 KB · Views: 331
I don't have Excel so what I did was I copied the form that came with my TF100 kit at work where we have a good copier. Then I took that copy and made about 12 copies, which should be more than enough to take me through the summer.

Hmm, mine is different from all of those. More like the chart on the TF100 lid, but expanded some. I switch between chlorine sources so I have a place to note that. I keep it in pencil, taped to the lid of the kit, pencil and eraser inside. Old forms are filed with pool manuals.

[attachment=0:2npch0mb]Pool Tests Blank Chart.xls[/attachment:2npch0mb]

In the second part, Additions, in the block for chlorine I put the source, that is 6%, 10%, Cal-hypo, or tabs.

In volume I put the volume of chlorine, # of jugs or quarts or cups or tabs.

I note the FC goal, since that changes as CYA varies.

Then MA volume, in cups.

If I had a SWG I'd use that last block for salt level.

Then comments, like time of test, recent weather, CYA prediction from tabs added, whatever seems relevant.

And the pH goal.

Attachments

• Pool Tests Blank Chart.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 169
Wow, everyone has their own style of form. Here is mine, its on a clipboard attached hanging on the door of the pool house with a pencil. I don't bother entering the chemicals added now that I know the quantities needed to adjust for my volume pool which took awhile to dial in since the pool is kidney shaped.

Attachments

• POOL TEST LOG.doc
    215 KB · Views: 157
4JawChuck said:
I don't bother entering the chemicals added now that I know the quantities needed to adjust for my volume pool which took awhile to dial in since the pool is kidney shaped.

In my pool the quantities are always changing.

TA drops over time until I add fill water which can make it rise by 10 ppm each time, going from TA 60 to TA 80 means 30% more MA is needed for the same pH change.

CYA drops slowly until I add tabs for chlorine, then it rises by 1 ppm per tab.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.